ESF Community Grants -South East

Status:Open to applications


Description

Grants are available to local groups for projects that increase employment and prepare disadvantaged groups in South East England.


Details

Maximum Value:£ 15,000
Minimum Value:£ 1,000

Value Notes

Grants of up to £15,000 are available.


Extended Description

The European Social Fund Community Grants scheme is provided by the Skills Funding Agency and the European Social Fund and administered by Surrey Community Action.

Funding is intended to support local voluntary and community organisations in their efforts to increase employment and reduce inactivity by helping to tackle the barriers to work faced by disadvantaged groups.


Latest Information

The deadine for Round 3 applications is 1 September 2014 (1pm).


Key Criteria

Applicants must:

  • Be working in the South East of England (not including the London boroughs).
  • Be a not-for-profit voluntary or community organisation. (It is not necessary to be a registered charity.)
  • Demonstrate their commitment to equality of opportunity.
  • Have a constitution or set of rules.
  • Have a bank/building society account in the group's name with at least two signatories.
  • Have an income of less than a total of £300,000 income over their last three financial years. It is the parent/umbrella group Statement of Financial Activity (SOFA) figure that must be used in assessing group income/turnover.

Eligible Expenditure

All projects must have the aim of moving people furthest removed from the labour market toward employment either through them obtaining work as a result of the project or moving on to volunteering or further training

Projects should be aimed at:

  • Lone parents.
  • Women.
  • People with health/disability issues.
  • Older people (50 yrs plus).
  • People from ethnic minorities and diverse communities.

Funding can be used for:

  • Initial help with basic skills.
  • Taster work experience including voluntary work.
  • Training advice and guidance.
  • Job search assistance.
  • Confidence building and personal development.
  • First contact engagement activities, e.g. to provide support to individuals overcome barriers to learning and/or employment.

Restrictions

Funding cannot be used for:

  • Individuals.
  • Statutory organisations.
  • Organisations with an income exceeding a total of £300,000 income over their last three financial years.
  • Organisations and projects in London.
  • Voluntary sector activities that are intended solely to benefit the users of statutory service.
  • Organisations that are affiliated to, and receive funding from, national organisations.
  • Political groups or activities promoting political beliefs or activities promoting religious beliefs.
  • Grant-making bodies applying for funding to redistribute to individuals or groups.
  • Counselling for personal issues.
  • People in employment.
  • People under 18 years of age.

 


Payment Procedure

Up to 90% of the grant will be paid in advance. The remainder, up to 10% will be paid on receipt of the full reconciliation of all paperwork relevant to the expenditure of the project.


Application Procedure

Applicants will receive a decision in writing within three weeks.

Applications must be accompanied by:

  • A constitution or set of rules.
  • The last three years accounts.
  • Bank details.

Applications must be returned by recorded delivery to Surrey Community Action.

 


Addresses and contacts

Application forms may be available to download on this site - please see the downloadable files on the right hand panel at the top of this page - or alternatively please check the funding body’s own website.

Contact details:
Jackie Bruder Surrey Community Action
Astolat
Coniers Way
New Inn Lane
Burpham
Guildford
Surrey
Telephone:01483 447 143
Email:communitygrants@surreyca.org.uk